How to Get Your Man To Propose to You
Now back to reality. A man can be in love with his girlfriend, but still not be willing to take the ultimate step of proposing marriage to her. There are multiple reasons why this can be so - of course, fear of commitment, fear of being perceived as old, unwillingness to give up freedoms of a single man, does not want to take responsibility and so on. Then again, there are those men that need a gentle nudging to do the right thing. If you (a woman) are in a relationship, and your man has not proposed yet, here are some ideas that will help get him to do so - so you don't have to resort to force as in the picture on the right suggests, hehe!
1. Start leaving hints about your readiness for marriage. You can start by talking about weddings of your friends, and about how happy your friends are. You can mention that you think they are embarking on a new and special chapter in their lives. He can read between the lines.
2. You may be ready for marriage, but do not assume that he is. After the initial stage where you start talking about other people's weddings and marriages, you can now begin to talk to him about the direction where your relationship is headed. But don't push for an answer immediately. Give him some time to warm up to the idea. Create visions for him about how the future will be when the two of you are married. If he can visualize a happy future, he will be more open to the idea of proposing to you.
Picture Source: gorigirl.com
3. Introduce him to your family - by doing so, you are indicating to him that he is someone special, and that you are ready to include him in your family and loved ones.
4. While you are doing all of the above, be careful not to become obessive. Harping on the same topic day after day is not healthy for you, and it will also scare him off. No one wants an obessive, needy woman clinging on to them.
5. If the above fails and you get no response from him, then ask him outright if he thinks of you as the kind of girl he could marry someday. If he says no, then you will know that he is not the one for you, and that you should stop wasting your time and find another guy who is ready to settle down with you.
Special Offer to Our Readers
Please send us an email at indianproposal[at]gmail.com, if you would like to receive informational books and ideas on wedding planning.
Featured Offer from Nina at India Wedding Designs:
Sign-Up For 21 Wedding Tips
Includes the following Topics!
Something Every Bride-to-Be Needs to Know
How To Survive (and Enjoy) Your Wedding Day
The Real Secret to Choosing Colors for Your Wedding Dress
Adapt the Latest Bridal Dress Fashions To Your Figure Type
Bridal Hairstyle Looks That Would Suit You Best
How to Avoid Bridal Make-up Disasters
The Wedding Make-Up Tip for Indians that is Almost Too Easy
For Radiant Skin, These Facial Methods Work Like Crazy
The Biggest Mistake Brides Make (and How to Avoid It)
The Best Way I Know to Get a Honeymoon Trip, Even When Your Budget Doesn't Allow It.