Looking Skinnier for Your Wedding
Tips on How to Lose Weight Before Your Wedding Day
If you want to look great on your wedding day, having a plan for getting into shape is an important part of your wedding planning. Many brides think that they have a perfect system for losing weight quickly using various tactics, but some of them could only be setting themselves up for failure. Last-minute dieting efforts usually fail. Your weight loss plan should incorporate methods that are sustainable over the long-term - things that you can continue well after your wedding date. Why? Simply because research have shown that married people tend to gain more weight over the years than singles or people who are widowed or divorced.
But don't worry! Getting married doesn't have to lead to a lifetime of excess weight. You do have a choice in this - just plan to lose your weight the right way.
Wedding Weight Loss Don'ts
1) Do not take dieter's tea, diet pills, laxatives or drastically cut your food intake in an attempt to lose weight. Doing so may yield the result you desire, that is, a trimmer looking you, but you could also end up looking drained, tired and sickly on your wedding day. And even if you do not show the visible negative effects on your wedding day, you will surely gain back all of your weight during the honeymoon period, where you will be on a vacation with your husband and be inclined to eat as you like.
2) Do not resort to fad diets for quick weight loss before a wedding. This can set you up for a future of yo-yo dieting rather than permanent weight loss. It also adds stress to your body at an already stressful time for most brides, which is during the wedding planning stage. If you are not getting proper nutrition, you may feel faint or suffer other health consequences. Affecting your long-term health to look good on your wedding day is not advisable! Seriously.
But there are things you can do that are effective and also safe.
Wedding Weight Loss Dos
1) Hire a personal trainer, or begin a bridal "boot camp" at least six months before your wedding date. Include in your boot camp plan, a balance of cardiovascular and strength training for about an hour a day, three to four days per week. For those of you who have less than six months, you should plan on spending more time in the gym in order to see the effect. No pain or gain, as they say! Keep in mind that wedding dresses today are sleeker and more revealing than in years past, so you will want to work on your shoulders, back, and arms.
2) Change your dietary habits. Begin by eating smaller portions. Identify sources of empty calories in your diet, such as high-fat and high-sugar snacks, and limit them. Make sure to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into your daily diet, which are powerhouses of nutrition and can fill you up on fewer calories. Choose leaner, lower-fat meat and dairy products. One important tip for weight loss is to eat your calories, and not to drink them. Keep in mind that alcoholic beverages generally have at least 100 calories or more!
3) Keep a well-stocked pantry because having no food in the house can cause a hungry you to binge on food when you finally bring food home from the grocery store, or from the drive-through. Try to plan meals ahead. Go to the grocery store with a list. Focus on seasonal fruits and vegetables. It'll help your budget as well as ensure a healthy variety.
4) If you eat with your fiance, try to watch portion sizes. Men are usually larger and require more calories than women, so portion sizes among couples shouldn't necessarily be equal. Encourage your fiance to make exercise a part of your new life together. You can take a walk after dinner, or learn a new sport as a couple.
Labels: Wedding Weight Management
Featured Offer from Nina at India Wedding Designs:
Sign-Up For 21 Wedding Tips
Includes the following Topics!
Something Every Bride-to-Be Needs to Know
How To Survive (and Enjoy) Your Wedding Day
The Real Secret to Choosing Colors for Your Wedding Dress
Adapt the Latest Bridal Dress Fashions To Your Figure Type
Bridal Hairstyle Looks That Would Suit You Best
How to Avoid Bridal Make-up Disasters
The Wedding Make-Up Tip for Indians that is Almost Too Easy
For Radiant Skin, These Facial Methods Work Like Crazy
The Biggest Mistake Brides Make (and How to Avoid It)
The Best Way I Know to Get a Honeymoon Trip, Even When Your Budget Doesn't Allow It.